Hooray! Finals are over, school is over, and I'm back home in beautiful Sonoma. I'll be hanging out here until June 8th, when I'll head up to Donner Lake to work at Young Life's Mountain Lodge as Summer Staff for about 2 months. I'm really looking forward to that experience! It's one of Young Life's discipleship/adventure camps, where there's only about 50 campers (instead of 400) and you take them to do all the good ol' outdoor adventures: hiking, mountain biking, mountain boarding, kayaking, low ropes-course-style team building stuff, the works!
In other news, a local coffee shop, the Barking Dog, will be exhibiting some of my art work in August! Also, several local stores are interested in selling some of my stuff in greeting card form. The whole thing is just getting off the ground, but the idea of getting any kind of money and/or publicity for my work is very exciting. Check my official artwork website for more details as they come.
In the meantime, I'm busy writing, drawing, reading, promoting my work around town, and attempting to get in shape before I head off to camp. Woohoo!
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
stop it!! you're going to the lodge?!!! DANG IT! We missed each other by a summer! I was up there last july on assignment....oh, the time you're going to have. I'm so insanely jealous of you right now. So you're summer staff....wow. I'm jealous. say hello to everyone. way to go. what a heart place.
Post a Comment